Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Finding Meaning From Suffering

My life tends to be super-busy and hectic, but I always try to take a few minutes to myself on Sunday mornings to watch an inspirational TED talk. The one I watched this week was wonderful, and I wanted to share it with all of you!

The speaker talks about taking the suffering in our lives and finding meaning from it and about how the difficult challenges we have faced helped to make us who we are. I found myself nodding along many times, laughing, and even crying at the end. We have to believe that these challenges we are facing will help to shape the meaning and joy in our lives. This has certainly been true for me already, and his words really touched me when I think about how much my older son has suffered. There's no doubt that it has already helped to shape who he is.



I hope you find this as inspiring as I did! Have a wonderful day, and be sure to take a few moments (at least) to appreciate the simple joys in your life.

No comments: